Before you Travel
Tanzania is ready and open for you.
Your safety and well-being is always the number one priority at Kili Footprints.
Tanzania ministry of natural resources and Tourism realised National standard operating procedure for management of the Covid-19 threats based on guidance From the WHO.
Summary: What Our Clients Should Expect
- Tourists will be subjected to a temperature check on arrival at the airport, park gate, and
- All mountain crew will wear face masks when they are in vehicles, at the park gate and while they
are at camp. Same applicable to Hotel staff.
- All mountain crew and hotel staff will maintain a distance of at least one meter from clients. However, in dealing with a medical emergency, it may be necessary to be in closer
- It is mandatory for all clients to wear a mask when travelling in vehicles and when in public places. Clients are required to supply their own masks. Medical masks (KN95, N95, surgical
masks) and non-medical face coverings (cloth mask, neck gaiter, Buff) are both sufficient.
- Clients should carry hand sanitizer on their person at all times. Clients are required to supply
their own hand sanitizer.
General Operating Procedures.
- Kili Footprints will ensure that staff and clients are aware of precautionary measures
and will be reminded to adhere to best protective and preventative practices.
- All staff will be trained on required safety measures and the correct use of PPE.
- All staff will wear masks when they are in vehicles, at the park gate and while they are at
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to clients in transfer vehicles, mess tents and toilet tents. It is
required that all clients also bring their own supply of hand sanitizer to carry with them.
- All vehicles used for transfer will be sanitized with recommended disinfectant between each
transfer. Hand sanitizer will be available in every vehicle.
- All staff and clients will be required to wear a mask when travelling in vehicles.
- All camping equipment will be disinfected prior to use.
- All crew packing up the equipment will follow recommendation for hand washing and
sanitizing while handling the equipment.
- All equipment and facilities used for packing food will be cleaned with a disinfectant that is
approved for use with food.
- Fresh food received from the market will be washed with disinfectant before packing.
- Clients will always have the same tent to sleep in each night.
- Only two porters will be responsible for erecting the sleeping tents at each camp. They will
sanitize their hands between handling each tent. Tents will be placed 10 feet (3 meters) apart.
- All clients will be required to pack their equipment bag each morning and leave it outside the
tent so that it does not have to be handled by the tent crew before dismantling the tents.
- All camping equipment (tables, chairs, toilet tents, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected
- Only the cook and his assistants will be permitted in the kitchen tent. Only the appointed
waiter(s) will serve food in the mess tent. All staff involved in the production and serving of
food will be required to wear masks and disposable gloves.
- We will practice social distancing as far as is practicable in the confines of the mess tent. For
larger groups, we may use two mess tents.
Briefings and Health Checks
- All crew and clients will be screened for temperature at the park gate by the park authority.
Anyone exceeding the normal body temperature (37.5) will be required to seek medical advice
before being allowed to enter the park.
- Guides will maintain a distance of at least three feet (one meter) when interacting with guests. All guides will wear face masks when the group is congregated together (i.e. briefings).
- Under certain medical circumstances, it may be necessary for the staff to come closer to
clients than three feet (one meter).
- All clients will be required to sanitize their hands before and after using the pulse oximeter.
- Staff will be required to use recommended protective equipment when attending to guests
and servicing guest areas.
- Clients will be required to undergo thermal screening when arriving at the hotel.
- All accommodation areas will be frequently cleaned and disinfected.
- Dining facilities will limit the number of guests to adhere to safe physical distance
requirements. Guests may be allocated a time to visit the dining area in order to avoid
congestion at busy periods.