PRICES STARTING FROM $2,350 USD PER PERSON*
The Kilimanjaro bike trek is our new product for trekking Mount Kilimanjaro. Kilema route is the only route where you can reach to the top by mountain bike. Our experienced guides have done a good number of successful bike treks to summit Mt Kilimanjaro standing at 5,895 metres. The trip takes 5 days to complete, to allow for proper acclimatization.
This activity provides physical exercise and recreational use of the natural environment with minimum impact while enhancing visitors’ experience. Summit bound visitors will use Kilema route (19km) and cyclists will meet their porters at Horombo and continue to the summit. For non-summit bound visitors, cycling starts from Londorosi gate or from Morum Picnic Site then back to Morum (a 44km ride)
RELATED CYCLING TOUR
Day 1 | Marangu/Kilema Gate – Horombo Hut
- You will be picked from Moshi Hotel at 8:30 am and drive through Kilimanjaro’s semi-tropical foothills to Marangu Gate. Here you will spend some minutes for registration and then drive to Kilema gate and enter Kilimanjaro National park to start the riding up to Horombo Hut. Today is 100% cycling by bike.
- Cycling distance 19km
- Vegetation: Forest and Moorland
Day 2 | Full Day Horombo Acclimatization
- After breakfast you start your cycling, riding through alpine desert. For some of the areas, you will be riding on small stone, up to Mawenzi Hut and back to Horombo. Today is 90% riding
- Vegetation “Alpine desert
- Cycling distance: 10 Km
Day 3| Horombo – Kibo Hut (4703 M)
- After breakfast you will continue riding to Kibo Hut. You will ride on small stone in most areas
- Cycling today is 90%.
- Vegetation: Alpine Desert.
Day 4| Kibo Hut – Summit (5895 M) – Horombo Hut (3720 M)
- At 4 am, you will be awakened by your guides to start the zigzag trek up a long screen slop. After roughly two hours you should reach Hans Meyer’s Cave and from here the gradient gets steeper. Continue your climb for approximately another 3 hours to Gilman’s Point, You will take your bike from porters and start riding to Uhuru Peak. Arriving at Uhuru peak, you will spend some time for photos before riding down to Stella Point. After lunch ride down to Horombo
- Today cycling, from Kibo to Uhuru and then Kibo 15%-20%, from Kibo to Horombo 100%.
- Vegetation “Alpine desert /Icecap
Day 5 | Horombo Hut(3720 M) –Kilema gate (1800 M)
After a leisurely breakfast, make your final ride down to Kilema gate across the alpine and the rainforest to Kilema gate, then you will be transferred to Marangu gate for check out and then to Moshi Hotel.
- Pre and Post accommodation in mid-range hotel in Moshi http://www.panamagardenresort.co.tz
- Mountain Bike and Mountain Guide
- Arrival and Departure transfers from airport**
- Accommodation during the cycling on the mountain (Sharing Hut)
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Rescue Fees
- All meals on the Mountain KILIMANJARO FOOD MENUS( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- Boiled water on the mountain
- Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
Price does not include:
- Crew tips
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Personal Climbing/Cycling Gears
- Items of personal nature
- Additional nights beyond the two standard hotel nights included
- Your flights/Visas
- Emergency oxygen
* Prices depend on the number of climbers in the group, the route you choose, and how many days you wish to climb. Please contact us directly to receive a quote.
**Accommodation and airport transfers are included in our Mount Kilimanjaro packages as standard. If you do not require either of these services, let us know and we can adjust your quote.
Interested in the above package? Contact us today to book your climb to the “Roof of Africa” with Kili Footprints!