This is a great trip for mountain bikers and avid cyclists looking for a challenge. While cycling on Mount Kilimanjaro, you will see a variety of wildlife and on a clear day you might also get the chance to witness breath-taking views of Mount Kilimanjaro’s Kibo Peak.
Duration: 7 to 9 hours
Terrain: Dirt and gravel road
Total distance: 47km
After breakfast, we will pick you up from your hotel in Moshi and transfer you to the Londorossi Gate on the western side of Mount Kilimanjaro where your tour begins.
On the way, you will cycle through dense mountain rainforest where you’ll have a high chance of witnessing Black and White Colobus monkeys. You will then cycle along a slightly steeper trail through the heath and moorland vegetation zone, where you might be lucky enough to see larger game like buffalo and elephants.
Once in the open moorland, you’ll also get the opportunity to see plants like the giant lobelia and giant groundsel, which can grow to an outstanding 16ft in height!
Once you have reached the helipad on the Shira Plateau, where you will stop for a rest and lunch.
After lunch, you will then turn back and enjoy a relaxing downhill ride back to Londorossi Gate where you will get picked up by your driver and transferred back to your hotel in Moshi.
1 person – $350 USD
2 to 4 persons – $290 USD
5 to 9 persons – $250 USD
10+ persons – $225 USD
This price will include the following:
- All park fees (entry, camping, forest department and rescue fees)
- Mountain bike hire
- Picnic lunch and drinking water
- Ethical salaries for the team (guide, assistant guide)
- Transport to and from the gate
- Support vehicle
- Bike mechanic
The price does not include:
- Tips for the team
- All personal cycling gear
- Alcohol, soft drinks and energy snacks
- Flights, travel insurance and visa
- Accommodation before/after cycling tour (can be arranged upon request)
- Airport transfers to/from Kilimanjaro airport (can be arranged upon request)