4 Days Mount Meru Climb
Mount Meru 4 days hike allows you to analyse the scenic landscapes in a leisurely manner but Mount Meru trekking will challenge your body’s limits.
Mount Meru 4 days hike allows you to analyse the scenic landscapes in a leisurely manner but Mount Meru trekking will challenge your body’s limits. The climb to the summit doesn’t require an athlete or an extreme alpinist but you should be in relatively good shape. The elevated viewpoint of the Arusha National Park allows you to discover the beauty that lies in the savannah plains featuring bursts of colourful vegetation and the scattered wildlife.
The Meru is technically more difficult than Kilimanjaro and requires a good condition – the last 1000 meters are quite steep. However, climbing skills are not required.
The mountain is also used by many to acclimatize for the Kilimanjaro ascent – this combination is also possible with us on request. The Mount Meru climb is recommended by us as a 4 day tour. For experienced and very fit mountain hikers with high altitude experience, the tour is also suitable in 3 days(Mount Meru 3 days). The third day of the shortened tour walks after the summit directly to the Momella Gate. Overnight stays are in simple wooden huts.
The towering Mount Kilimanjaro can be spotted in the distance of the landscape. Tranquil hikes through the luscious canopies and the narrow trails enclosing the U shaped crater provide you with the perfect opportunity to clear your mind. Reaching the summit is an experience you are unlikely to forget.
- National Park gate fees
- Transport from Arusha/Moshi to trail head and return
- Hut fees
- Services in Arusha/Moshi before/after the trek (accommodations, meals, airport transfers)
- Certified, experienced, English-speaking guides
- National Park ranger (required by Arusha National Park)
- Porters’ salaries
- All meals on the mountain
- Cooking equipment and eating utensils
- Oximeters available upon request
- Flights ( International)
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Tips for safari guide
- Personal expenses in nature such as money for souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees etc.
- Visa fees ( 100 USD for American and 50 USD for non-American)
- Immunization documents ( yellow fever recommended for visa processing on arrivals)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and /or park fees
DepartureKilimanjaro Int. Airport