Mkomazi National Park Day Trip
The Mkomazi National Park is located in the northern part of Tanzania, between Moshi and Tanga. The park finds itself in a beautiful setting with both the Pare and Usambara mountains towering above its boundaries. Depending on the weather, Mount Kilimanjaro can also be seen from the park. In terms of vegetation, Mkomazi marks the southern tip of the Sahel zone which resembles that of a dry, desert like landscape. Due to the climate, the vegetation primarily consist of acacia-commiphora woodlands and towards the western mountains the vegetation changes to a dry land forest.
The main source of water in Mkomazi comes from the Umba River in the southeast. Apart from that, the park sees very little precipitation all year round making game drives along the river area definitely worthwhile.
Prices For Mkomazi National Park Day Trip
|Route name||1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People||5+ People|
|Mkomazi National Park Day Tour||500/Person||325/Person||295/Person||265/Person||250/Person|
- Transport in 4X4 Toyota Land Cruisers with pop up roof for game viewing.
- Park entry fees
- Government fees & taxes
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Private English speaking safari guide
- Lunch box
- Enough bottled mineral water throughout the safari
- Medical kit
- Alcoholic beverages, sodas and items of a personal nature
- Pre &Post Safari Accommodation in Moshi / Arusha
- Travel Insurance
- Other safari add-ons
- Tips to the driver guide. Tipping is per group (not per person). Driver guide: $20/day
SUGGESTIONS ON THINGS TO BRING:
- Dry clothes
- Comfortable walking shoes
Interested in the above tour? Contact us today to book a great day out with Kili Footprints!
Day 1: Moshi - Mkomazi National Park
- Park Size: 3,245KM
- Distance from Moshi : 115 km (72 miles)
- Leave Moshi at 7:00am
- Arrive at Mkomazi gate at 10:00am
- Spend 6 hours in the park
- Leave park at 4:00pm
- Arrive Moshi at 7:00pm